Friday, February 22, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

So, as we know, I am a (somewhat) huge fan of Bravo's new show, Make Me a Supermodel (essentially ANTM + boys). For those of you not familiar with the show, there are two models, Ronnie and Ben, who have a bit of a storyline going: Ronnie is gay and has a crush on Ben, while Ben is straight (and married!) but does nothing to push Ronnie off...if anything, he encourages him.

Now, I love me some taboo boysex--as, according to LJ and TWOP, do most of the show's other viewers--but I can't help but wonder if we're holding a bit of a double standard here. I mean, fans are pretty much rooting for Ben to cheat on his wife with a guy. That's...like...really pretty uncool. I feel like if Ronnie had been Ronnette, people wouldn't be so keen on the idea of them hooking up. I wonder if people are so okay with Ben and Ronnie because it's a catchy storyline, or if they just think that, since Ben is straight and married, that nothing will happen? I don't know.

Either way, Mrs. Ben, I'm sorry for kinda-sorta-hoping your husband will hook up with a dude.

No comments: